COVID-19 update: Prioritising our client's and associate's health
Updated 4 June 2020
In light of the heightened level of concern related to the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) we want to provide an update on the actions H&R Block is taking to safeguard the health and well-being of our clients, our associates and their families.
Our 480 offices across Australia are continuing to serve the needs of our clients. For your safety, we are training our tax consultants and office staff on best practices recommended by public health authorities. We’re monitoring the situation daily and will continue to take guidance from public health authorities.
We have multiple lodging options to help you file your tax returns this year:
WITH YOUR LOCAL OFFICEOur offices are open for business across the country. To do this safely we’ve introduced enhanced hygiene and distancing protocols in offices to reduce the risk of transmission. We offer appointments to minimise wait times and client overlap. You can also do your consultation with your preferred local consultant over the phone and share documents electronically. Book an appointment online today
- All client chairs are now at least 1.5m from the consultant chair
- Hand sanitiser and industrial surface disinfectant are used in every office
- We have protocols in place to minimise "shared touch" surfaces
- Where this cannot be eliminated, surfaces will be sanitised after each touch
- We have moved to cashless payments. Accepted payments include EFTPOS (no touch Tap & Go up to $200), Fee From Refund, and direct deposits. No cash will be accepted.
- We are also taking no risks with our people. Any associate or client who is unwell and showing even mild “flu- or cold-like symptoms” will be asked to not come to the office until the symptoms have gone.
ONLINE TAX ADVISERWant your return prepared by an experienced tax consultant, but can’t make it into the office? Online Tax Adviser has you covered. Get the same service you expect in person, but through the convenience of our secure online portal. Learn more
ONLINE TAX EXPRESSThe fast and easy option for completing your tax return as fast as possible. Simply log in, fill out your details, complete your tax return online quickly and we will review your return for you. Learn more
As more information comes to light, we will continue to refine our approach to COVID-19 and update you accordingly. We remain confident in the actions we’ve already taken, and our plans to safeguard the health of our clients and H&R Block associates.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Australian Department of Health.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued trust in H&R Block.
Managing Director, H&R Block Australia