Course fees and inclusions
The total fee must be paid prior to the student attending the first session.
Manuals and materials will not be issued until the full fee has been received. The total fee includes a Registration fee of $247.50. Please refer to our Income Tax Course refund policy for more information.
All fees are to be paid by credit card through our secure payment system on the H&R Block website. Payments by cash or cheque will not be accepted.
Registration to the Income Tax Course is not transferable to any other person or to any other course stream that H&R Block may introduce in the future.
Part payment option
Students must be registered on or before 25 January 2018 to take advantage of the two part payment offer. The first payment of $247.50 is payable on registration and the balance due on or before 2 February 2018. Students who register after 25 January 2018 will be required to pay the full fee of $495 upfront.
Refer a friend offer
A $100 gift card will be issued to the Referring Student. The Referring Student must submit their friend's details through the online referral option to qualify. No other referred methods will be recognised. Course fees for both students must be paid in full and both students must have attended and completed their first three lessons. The gift card will be issued in the name of the referring student who must also be a student attending the course. Gift cards will not be paid to third parties, are not transferable and will not be paid in cash. There is a limit of one gift card per Referred Student. The $100 gift card refer a friend offer expires 11 February 2018.
No deferment option
H&R Block cannot guarantee the Income Tax Course will be offered in all locations or in its current format in subsequent years, as such, no deferment option is available.
Registration or participation in the course is not to be deemed an offer of employment. For top graduates employment opportunities may be available.
Regional scholarship program
- Scholarships are only available at the regional locations listed on our website
- Candidates are excluded from participating in the Bring A Friend offer as both referrer or referred person
- H&R Block Associates can refer friends to apply for the scholarship but referring associate will be ineligible for any promotional offer
- Scholarships only offered as part of the 16 week course
- Once accepted, scholarship recipients cannot be transferred to any other course stream
- Successful candidates must complete the course and meet the national pass criteria to be offered seasonal employment with H&R Block
Income tax course refund policy
All registered students are required to pay the total fee in full before attending their first class.
Full refund registration and tuition fee
A full refund will be available to registered students who contact the Tax Training School administration office and who notify in writing of their intent to withdraw BEFORE 5.00pm AEST Friday February 9, 2018. Any manuals and study materials that have been received must be returned un-opened, un-used and in the same condition as when issued to be eligible for a refund.
Registered students who notify in writing of their intent to withdraw AFTER 5.00pm EST Friday February 9, 2018 but BEFORE their first scheduled class, will be entitled to a full refund of both the Registration and Tuition fees only in the following circumstances:
- in the event that the training course is cancelled and a substitute class alternative is not available;
- when illness or disability will prevent the student from attending the course, and the course has not commenced*;
- when the death of a close family member (parent, sibling, spouse or child) occurs, and the student withdraws from the course and the course has not commenced*.
Partial refund - tuition fee only
Once the course has commenced, irrespective of whether or not the student has attended any of their scheduled classes, there is no eligibility for a student to be refunded any of the $247.50 Registration fee.
Registered students who notify in writing of their intent to withdraw AFTER 5.00pm EST Friday February 9, 2018 but BEFORE their scheduled class and who do not meet the above conditions for a full refund will only be entitled to a refund of the Tuition fee.
Registered students who notify in writing of their intent to withdraw AFTER their first scheduled class will be entitled to a partial refund of the Tuition fees as set forth below only in the following circumstances:
- when illness or disability will prevent the student from attending the course*;
- when the death of a close family member (parent, sibling, spouse or child) occurs, and the student withdraws from the course*.
|PERIOD||TUITION - PORTION OF FEE REFUNDABLE|
|After first lesson||Refund of 80% of the Tuition fee component|
|After second lesson||Refund of 60% of the Tuition fee component|
|After third lesson||Refund of 30% of the Tuition fee component|
|After fourth lesson||NO REFUND AVAILABLE|
*Documentary evidence may be required to support an application for a refund under these provisions.