To apply for a scholarship, please provide the following:
- a one-page letter supporting your scholarship application outlining:
- your relevant work experience and or educational background
- how you meet each of the application requirements
- reasons for wanting to undertake the income tax course
- a personal character reference, relevant to this scholarship application, from a referee who has known you for at least 12 months.
Please fill out the form below and upload your letter and personal reference documents.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 30 January 2018 and will be invited to an interview.
Interviews will take place by no later than 2 February 2018.
Successful applicants for the scholarship will be selected based on the combination of interview performance, referee’s statement, application letter and educational background.
If any of the specified requirements are not met, or if the applicant’s circumstances change, the continuation of the scholarship will be reviewed.
Applications closed on 29 January 2018.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call 1300 730 016.
All applicants for the scholarship program must:
- be able to attend one three hour in-person classroom session at a registered location each week for the full 16-week duration of the course, starting week commencing Monday 12 February
- have strong proficiency in English (both written and verbal)
- have completed the Higher School Certificate or an equivalent school qualification, or be able to demonstrate prior work experience/educational qualifications, if a non-current school leaver
- be willing to work as a tax consultant with H&R Block at the completion of course, and available to work flexible hours (including some nights or weekends) during the peak tax season of July-September
- not be currently employed as a tax consultant for a tax agent or a tax accounting company
- be willing to undergo a police check.
Terms and conditions apply
Classes start week commencing 12 February
- Cessnock (Tuesdays 10am)
- Coffs Harbour - includes Grafton area (Fridays 10am)
- Erina (Wednesdays 10am or 6pm)
- Kempsey (Wednesdays 10am)
- Moree (Thursdays 10am)
- Nelson Bay (Wednesdays 10am)
- Singleton - includes Musswellbrook area (Wednesdays 6pm)
- Woy Woy (Saturdays 10am)
- Bathurst (Wednesdays 9.30am)
- Cooma (Thursdays 10am)
- Goulburn (Tuesdays 9.30am)
- Wagga Wagga (Wednesdays 9.30am)
- Ballina (Wednesdays 9.30am)
- Gympie (Thursdays 10am)
- Maryborough (Tuesdays 10am)
- Berserker (Tuesdays 9am)
South West Victoria
- Warrnambool (Wednesdays 6.00pm)
- Traralgon - includes Sale and Bairnsdale area (Tuesdays or Thursdays 10.30am)
- Albury (Wednesdays 9.30am or Thursdays 6pm)
- Echuca (Wednesdays 9.30am)
- Seymour (Wednesdays 10.00am)
- Shepparton (Tuesdays 9.30am or Saturdays 9am)
- Swan Hill (Saturdays 9am)
- Wangaratta (Wednesdays 9.30am)
North West Victoria
- Wendouree (Wednesdays 9.30am or Saturdays 9.00am)
- Albany (Tuesdays 5.30pm)
- Busselton (Thursdays 10.00am)
- Collie (Tuesdays 10.00am)
- Kalgoorlie (Tuesdays 9.30am)